What is a Third Party Event?
Third party events are larger fundraising events that involve more planning and time. They are usually organized by third party organizations, such as trade groups, companies, restaurants, retailers, hotels, etc.
Events take many forms, and third party fundraisers organize the structure and planning.
Please review the guidelines below. They will guide you through the process of becoming an official Susan G. Komen Houston Third Party Event.
If you would like to move forward, please submit an application.
Once the application is received, please allow 5-10 working days for review and approval of the application.
1. Complete an application.
a. The fundraising individuals or organization should be aligned with our mission and values.
2. Once the event or promotion is approved, a Third Party Agreement will need to be signed.
3. Ensure sponsors, attendees and participants make their payments to you as the entity conducting the event or sale. We are unable to accept participants’ direct payments.
4. Please let us know of any potential sponsors or underwriters for your event or promotion before you secure them to avoid conflicts with relationships we already have.
5. If the event consists of a sporting component, ALL participants must sign a waiver form (we can provide a sample).
6. Submit payment by check within 30-60 days after the event.
Guidelines (to protect you and us)
Please provide proof of insurance for the event (If applicable). Most of the time, your venue or organization can easily add us as “Additionally Insured” for the event. This is required for your protection and ours.
If insurance is required for your event or promotion, at the minimum, please present proof of comprehensive general liability insurance which covers liability for bodily injury, property damage or death arising out of the third party event or sale.
Please name the following as “Additional Insured” on your policy for the event or promotion:
1. Susan G. Komen, 5005 LBJ Freeway, Suite 250, Dallas, Texas 75244 AND
2. Susan G. Komen Houston, P.O. Box 4080, Houston, Texas 77210
All Third Party Agreement applications must clearly state a specific percentage of net revenue or a specific dollar amount that they will contribute to Komen Houston. For example, $10 of each ticket sold or 10 percent of the sales price of this product, etc.
If a sporting event, waiver forms must be signed by ALL event participants and kept on file by the Third Party Fundraiser.
What we give you:
- 50 Komen running ribbon breast cancer awareness pins
- 50 Breast health awareness book marks
- Breast Self-Awareness Cards (50)
- Fundraising “Getting Started” Tip Sheet
- Customizable website
- Permission to use the Susan G. Komen Houston name and/or logo. Please remember that all marketing materials should be approved by us before printing.
- References to Komen in publicity or promotional materials (e.g., fliers, tickets, invitations, etc.) should say:
First reference: Susan G. Komen Houston
Subsequent reference: Komen Houston
We can’t share our mailing list. But, we’re happy to post information on our website, in our updates and social media channels.
If you’d like to us to attend the event, please let us know. We can talk about how money is spent toward helping local women with breast cancer services. (Please provide complimentary entries for this. We try to minimize our expenses to maximize our impact.)
Your support is valuable to us as we continue to serve the local women and families who need our help the most.
Thank you for your interest in partnering with us in this fight to end breast cancer.