As part of making funeral arrangements, family members sometimes select a charity or other organization to receive financial contributions given in memory of the deceased. Susan G. Komen® Houston is honored when family members choose our organization to receive these funds. Occasionally this request is made “in lieu of flowers”. The following phrases can be used instead of “in lieu of flowers”:
- The family suggests memorial contributions be sent to….
- Should friends desire, contributions may be sent to….
- Memorials may be made to the charity of your choice.
- The …. Memorial has been established for those wishing to contribute.
- As an expression of sympathy, memorial contributions may be sent to….
- The family has designated the …. for memorial contributions.
- Remembrances may be made in the form desired by friends.
- Memorial contributions may be made to….
- Flowers are welcome Contributions may be sent to….
Also include the following information in the obituary or remembrance information:
Susan G. Komen® Houston
602 Sawyer Street, Suite 201
Houston, TX 77007